Dump Rush Protest will coincide with anti-reproductive rights rally on Friday in Grand Rapids
The Dump Rush on WOOD Radio campaign continues with a third protest planned for this Friday, March 23 at 1:00 pm outside the Clear Channel office in downtown Grand Rapids.
This protest will happen at the same time that those opposed to contraceptives and reproductive rights will be holding a rally on Calder Plaza. Those organizing this event are framing at a religious freedom gathering, but the MLive story makes it clear that those organizing this rally are reacting to the nationwide protest against Rush Limbaugh for his misogynist comments and contempt for reproductive rights for women in this country.
People are invited to bring signs, handouts and letters to deliver to WOOD Radio demanding that they remove Limbaugh’s program from their regular lineup of syndicated shows.
For those who cannot attend we are asking them to do the following things, which are absolutely necessary for this campaign to be effective:
1. Send e‐mails to WOOD Radio Station Manager Tim Feagan at TimFeagan@clearchannel.com or write letters to: WOOD Radio 77 Monroe Center Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
2. Pressure local businesses that advertise on WOOD Radio to pull their funding until WOOD Radio removes the Limbaugh show. Here is a list of local companies and their contact information:
Grand Rapids Lighting
(616) 675-5368 http://www.kentequipment.com/contact.htm
River City Reproductions
Mercantile Bank of Michigan
Silver Bullet Firearms
(616) 249-1911 firstname.lastname@example.org
West Michigan Office Interiors
(800) 964.0201 email@example.com
West Michigan Glass Block
Bartlett Tree Experts
3. Share this campaign information with as many people and organizations you are affiliated with.